Monday, March 16, 2009

He surprised me by saying Abinadi!

We had an okay week. The work went really well but I am getting very frustrated with some of the people we are working with and with my companion. He is a nice guy and we get along most of the time but I have the attitude of a pirate if you know what I mean. (The white handbook "is more what you call guidelines that actual rules") We still work hard and we don't break any rules but I can't even make a joke about breaking one without him freaking out! Whew... now I've vented. The rioting is over and Elder Neff is suppose to go back to Guadeloupe and finish training in French at the next transfer on April 1st.

So still no progress with our main investigators. Do you know how molasses moves on a cold day? We do have a "new" guy named Samuel that I think will get baptized as soon as he gets married. I asked him who his favorite prophet from the scriptures is and he surprised me by saying Abinadi! Apparently he has been reading from the Book of Mormon since I left one with him back in October! We turned him over to the Platt's in October so they would have someone to teach. Since they left we decided to pick him back up. He comes to church on his own and still reads. It's awesome!

I knew that the Aggies were playing well against Nevada but I didn't ever hear the final result until you told me. I think that they might be able to beat Marquette but I worry about having to play Missouri. It will be interesting for sure. You should record the game and send it to me. It isn't hard to get sporting events approved by President for us to watch. I would like to watch it! We get to watch Ratatouille tomorrow. (That's the movie about the rat chef).

I got a package from Calvert's on Tuesday. It had a Rocket's t-shirt and a pair of Rocket's PJ bottoms in it. That was cool.

We have Zone Conference here on St. Maarten again next Tuesday, here's the focus if you want to study with us:
- Preach my Gospel chapter 11 - How do I help people make and keep commitments?
- The principle of repentance from lesson #3

The scripture of the week is D&C 43:15-16.