Monday, February 23, 2009

It was an interesting discussion

The riots are still going on on the other islands. The french president has said that he will give into their demands but it hasn't happened yet. The missionaries from Guadeloupe (8 of them) were relocated to my apartment on Tuesday. That was fun. I was the only English speaking elder. Half of the elders were from the states, 2 from Tahiti, and 2 from France. I couldn't really speak to them in French, but I could understand them. Six of them are in St. Lucia until Thursday and then they are headed to Guyana.

I was shocked to find out that my companion isn't Elder Catherine. I am the senior companion to Elder Neff. He is a pretty cool guy and we both love sports and music. There are just two other missionaries, Elder Julian and Elder Catherine, in the apartment now. They will stay for the rest of the transfer. That should be fun. With 4 elders we are a little tight but its okay. We have a lot of mattresses and a futon to sleep on. (I was on the futon for 4 months).

We did lots of tracting while the other missionaries were here. We have lots of new investigators but more time is necessary to determine if we will keep them. I also had to do a lot of computer fixing this week for the 2 senior couples. (We have a couple that was relocated here when the missionaries were evacuated from the other islands).

Still no luck with Celine. I think that she is starting to realize that her father doesn't want to baptize her and that she should just go ahead with it. All we can do is hope and pray. We have a couple of other investigators that are so close but haven't gotten married yet. It's frustrating!!!

The temperature here usually is between 75 and 85 all day and night. We have had some pretty strong winds for the last couple of days and that has cooled it down a bit. It feels great!

We played soccer Saturday morning and I hit the post 7 times! Reminds me of hockey!

I'm in Mark 10 and 4 Nephi 1 in my personal scripture study.

The scripture of the week is Romans 8:16-17. It's a pretty good one that I used on Saturday to completely shut down a couple of Jehovah Witnesses that wanted to argue with us. Apparently they don't believe that God actually created us... they think we are only the offspring of Adam and Eve. I really didn't want to argue with them but it was an interesting discussion.