Monday, June 30, 2008

We aren't allowed to eat by people

We received a note from Jonathan again this afternoon:

Sorry my letters have been so short. I don't have a lot of time to do this. That trek from Georgetown to New Amsterdam I have now made 3 times. It is a cool country. I mean that figuratively and not literally!

Our baptisms didn't end up happening and they won't. : (The marriage isn't going to happen either.) We are having one on Thursday for sure though. They are a great family. (Michael & Michelle) I'm in an area of about 80% hindu and muslim people. It's tough because nobody likes us.

The pictures weren't too hard to send but I had to do it at the senior couples house. I'll try to send some more next week. That picture of me was in front of the apartment. My stuff took about a week to dry! (I had asked if the picture he sent last week with the basketball was in front of his apartment).

We are eating a lot of pasta and PB&J's. We have to make all of our own food because in Guyana we aren't allowed to eat by people.
(That means to eat at people's houses).