Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jon's letter to his cousin, Jonah, about the MTC

Matt and Carolynn gave us a copy of a letter that Jonathan sent to Jonah last week. We thought you might enjoy reading some of it:

Dear Jonah,

How's it going buddy? It's your cousin Jon. You will never guess what I've been going through since I saw you a couple of weeks ago. If you remember, I'm on a mission right now. I am still in the MTC which is where they teach us how to be missionaries for Jesus. It's a lot like primary to tell you the truth. Everyone is dressed up, tired, always wants treats and loves to sing songs from the Children's Song Book!

The great thing about being here is getting to learn about Jesus and his prophets everyday. It is a little sad to be away from home but I get over it when I kneel down and pray. (My knees always hurt) The bad parts are the long hours and the fact that people don't always get along. Being the Zone Leader has let me help people be friends though. You can ask your parents what a zone leader is if you want. It basically means that I am in charge of 24 other Elders. They give me a headache!

Anyway, I hope you are being good. Make sure you are nice to your little brother and to your sister.

Talk to you later!

Elder Jonathan Larson