Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What a surprise this week!!!

This is a picture of Me, Leana, Diane, and Elder Ackerman on Sunday! Leana and Diane are sisters and are new converts. Leana is 9 and Diane is 12. They are the nieces of a lady that got baptized a couple months ago. Their aunt is from the Reliance area in Guyana!


The waves were too big and Leana was too short to walk in the water.
I had to carry her!


This is me baptizing Leana on Sunday.


Sorry I didn't write yesterday, we didn't have time. The Leishman's were nice enough to take us around the island and we got stuck on the other side. Here are a couple of pictures from our adventure.

The ocean sure is cold!


We visited Argyle falls. This is definitely a place I want to take you when we come back to visit the mission!


Believe it or not I did remember your birthday. So, Happy Birthday Mom! I guess you are starting to get old now!

The toe is doing good. I got some new antibiotics and a topical anti-fungal cream from the doctor on Trinidad that have been helping a lot. I guess I'm supposed to call over there tomorrow and find out the results from the MRSA test that they ran on me.

By the time that we finished up at the doctor's office last Tuesday it was too late to fly back to Tobago. We had to stay the night over on Trinidad so I went back to Port of Spain and visited some of my friends up there. It was fun.

So, we got transfer calls on Friday night and I will not be staying on Tobago. I will be returning to the island of St. Martin. (Note the spelling difference.) I will be in the area of Marigot on the French side and I will be learning to speak French! My companion will be Elder Snow. What a surprise this week!!!

Sorry I didn't write more but the internet is really slow today and I knew you would rather have the pictures.

The scripture of the week is 3 Nephi 18:18-21.