Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm flying to Trinidad to see a doctor!

My toe is doing okay. I do still have the infection so I'm flying over to Trinidad in the morning to see a doctor because the cipro isn't beating the bug that I've got. Cipro is pretty much the only one we can get in the drug store over here in Tobago. The person here who is treating me has had the help of the mission nurse in Trinidad. The doctor that is over our mission is actually stationed in the Dominican Republic because he is over the entire carribean area. Unfortunately that means that he isn't really in a position to help me out. The mission nurse is also afraid that I might have MRSA so it will be an interesting day. [Note: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus is a bacterial infection that is highly resistant to some antibiotics. Staph aureus is a common type of bacteria that normally lives on the skin and sometimes in the nasal passages. What makes this one so bad is our inability to find many antibiotics to treat it.]


I haven't said much about our current investigators because we don't really have any new ones. Since most of our time is spent either inside or doing all of the reacctivation work that President Gamiette wants done in the mission. The mission only baptized 6 people this past weekend. That's terrible when you consider that we used to baptize at least 35 or 40 per weekend!!! We only had 9 people at church in our branch yesterday and 4 of them were missionaries! It was sad. Fay is doing well. She was there yesterday and she loved it. She is happy that she got baptized but she is disappointed in the members that they don't have more faith. I think she took it harder than we did that so few people were at church yesterday!


Elder Akerman and I have been reading a lot out of the Book of Mormon because we are still trying to finish it by the end of the transfer. The Gossner's milk isn't too bad but it definately isn't like normal milk. It is still boxed. It's just fun to have it because it's from Logan.


Pictures from p-day last Monday. We found this really cool "hidden" beach:


Our "private beach" rocky entrance:
Check out this eel. It flopped up into these rocks while we were looking at the anemones! We got to borrow the car yesterday. Elder Ackerman was really excited to get to drive again. Sorry I forgot the scripture of the week!