Monday, October 12, 2009

Fay's baptism went great!

Fay's baptism went great!

I didn't go in the water because of my toe. It was starting to do a lot better but then Friday morning I woke up and it was bad again. Apparently the infection wasn't gone. So I started back on drugs again and I am anxiously awaiting the day when I can get back to a full working schedule. Notice I'm wearing flip-flops and you know how much I like them!

Fay is afraid of waves.

Me with a couple of the kids at the baptism.

Tobago beaches are awesome!

To be honest, I don't really want anything for Christmas. I will just have to carry it around and that's a pain. My socks are doing fine as are my G's, my pants, ties and belt. The shoes are doing okay. I'll probably want a new pair but I have to have one of them wear out first! Shirts are doing good except for the water here. It is leaving a lot of new stains so every week I have to keep putting stain remover on them to keep them looking good. My sheets and towel are also doing fine. So pretty much I don't need anything right now. Another problem this year is that transfers are 2 weeks before Christmas so I don't know if I'll be here or not.

Remember I told you I left a package at the mission office when I left Trinidad? I was planning to mail it when I was there last week. Thanks to the zone conference schedule I didn't get to go to the office at all. I would let the Palmer's mail it home but there are some things in it that I would like to have out of it before it leaves!

Well, as you can probably tell, being inside for the last 10 days had made me a little cranky. It also hasn't helped that the mission doesn't seem to be doing very well. Guyana had 1 baptism last week. Tobago was one of only 6 areas that baptized. That's terrible. Apparently Grenada had 2 baptisms of people that I taught which is pretty cool. I can add them to my list of "other fruits".

My "other fruits" list is getting quite extensive. The Leishman's came back with news about Linden (a big city in Guyana where missionaries just went for the first time in February.) They told me that the whole reason that 168 people down there have been baptized since then is because of 2 kids named Selwin and Cindy McBean. When I heard that I almost died because it was Elder Hamilton and I that found them and taught them in Reliance over a year ago! I guess they were the first 2 to get baptized down there in Linden and everything exploded because of it!!! It was really good to hear about Selwin and Cindy. A lot of times you don't get to hear the stories of how people you taught finally joined the church and then helped teach others. Its sad that so many missionaries had to leave Guyana last transfer. The work has really slowed down.

We'll definitely be getting 2 more missionaries here on Tobago next transfer. That means I'll actually have to teach district meetings!

The scripture of the week is Jeremiah 33:1-3.