Monday, August 3, 2009

They call me white lightning around here!

I hope that you enjoy these pictures from Pinky's baptism last week. I confirmed her yesterday. I've done so many of those now!

Pinky and Jonathan

Elder Williams, Jonathan, Pinky, and her family.

So we got calls on Saturday night confirming that I am getting transferred to the island of Grenada! I am super excited! I am a little bummed to leave the members here though. The members of the Port Of Spain ward are awesome! I'm going to miss them! I'm really good at basketball now, we play every Tuesday. They call me white lightning around here.

There is one member of the ward that is going to be seeing me soon. Sister Camejo will be serving on St. Lucia so we'll see her at zone conference. Speaking of ZC, Elder Hamilton said that he thought that it was going to be on St. Vincent this transfer for some reason. I'm going to another island so I'm not going to complain!

I don't know anything about my new companion, I've never met him. There is one senior couple on Grenada so there will only be 4 missionaries on the island. The branch there is supposed to be about 70% white people. That will be a change. President Monson apparently came to Grenada a couple of years ago and said that our church building has the best view in the entire world! We are right on the best beach in Grenada. I'll send a picture. I'm sure I will be taking a lot. I don't know what my address there will be so I'll have it for you next week.

Anyway, things are going great. I'm glad that Elder Williams will be going to the islands too. I'll get to see him at Zone Conference. I will also get to see my (adopted) missionary son, Elder West. Did I tell you the story behind me adopting him? His trainer, Elder Gray and my companion, Elder Marshall, went to Zone Leader Council back in February and that left Elder West and me alone on St. Maarten together for about 4 days. It was awesome and since it was his first transfer I decided to adopt him.

Not much else is going on here right now. We are busy just getting packed. We have turned most of our investigators over to the Palmers, the senior couple. They will take care of them. I actually get to hang out with them tomorrow since both Elder Williams and I are being transferred.

The scripture of the week is Moroni 7:16-19.