Monday, August 10, 2009

He definitely knows the church is true!

I hope that you like these pictures. None are from here (they are all from Trinidad) but I’ll send you some next week.

Me with David and Pheumia's kids.

My "Basketball Brethren" from Port of Spain.
Nicholas, Kempton, Chris, Elder Williams, Shane, and me.

Leaving Port of Spain, Trinidad!

It’s really nice down here in Grenada. You won’t believe where the church and the apartment are compared to the ocean! I didn’t have too many problems getting here. I had a 3 hour layover in Barbados and when I got there I realized that I didn’t have a boarding pass to come to Grenada. Luckily I found a cool security guy that was able to help me out.

My new companion is Elder Montgomery. He is from South Jordan and he is pretty cool. He says that he remembers having competitions against Sky View’s marching band and getting beat by them. Tell Michael to keep up the good work so I can boast about him!

The branch here is doing great. We are expanding the chapel right now because we can’t fit everyone inside! There are 5 or 6 med student couples here and they all seem really cool. Zone conference is usually held on St. Lucia but I think they told us that it will be on St. Vincent this transfer. Oh darn! I have to visit another island!

We have a couple of really cool investigators. One, Akim, is ready to get baptized, he just needs his father’s permission first. He is 14 and yet he is about 6’1’’. He’s amazing! He definitely knows the church is true and he already comes out with us almost every day. We have a couple of others but Akim is our best bet for right now. I’ll let you know about the others next week.

We don’t have much time because we are e-mailing from the senior couples computer. Everyone here is on holiday today because of a celebration known as carnival. It’s basically idol worship and sex in the streets of town.

The scripture of the week is Alma 12:9-11.

P.S. I did receive the memory card as I was literally leaving the office in Trinidad to go and catch my plane. I was excited about that and I loved the videos from home.