Monday, April 6, 2009

It was weird but fun to make!

Yesterday, after conference, Brother and Sister Mickelson from River Heights stopped by to deliver a special surprise. They spent a week on Sint Maarten last month and met Jonathan and his companion, Elder Neff, at church. Sister Mickelson just happens to work at the hospital with Shane. They tracked down Jonathan during the middle of the week and shot some video of him for us. We put a few clips together for the blog:



Now to Jonathan's e-mail from today:

All is well here on St. Maarten. I got a slip from the post office today that I received a package. The stamp on it says that it has been here for a long time already! I hate the service here... Oh wait, there is no service here! I'll be picking it up as soon as we are done with e-mails.

My new companion is Elder Kelley from Arkansas and he's tiny. We came to the field at the same time but he is a transfer ahead of me because he is French speaking. I thought I would get an English speaking companion but I think I may be the last English speaker to serve here. We need more multilingual elders. Elder Kelley and I are getting along great. The only thing that has bothered me was when he managed to spend 115 dollars at the store this morning on food! When there were 4 of us last transfer we could live off of $75-80 a week. I don't know how he did it.

The others elders got stuck on St. Barts last week because their connecting plane to Guadeloupe got cancelled. I couldn't help but laugh about that.

It sure was a surprise to see Grandma & Grandpa Larson at the airport. They were there when I was picking up Elder Kelley. We took some pictures and went to eat ribs with Scott when he landed. Then we went to the apartment and I gave them some stuff to take home for me.

Conference was fantastic. We got to see all of it! We had a really small crowd at the church though, most people watched on their computers at home.

I have to teach district meeting in the morning! Ahhh!!!!!!!

I have lost 14 pounds in 7 weeks! I am back to 150 lbs as of this morning. That is only 5 pounds more than when I left for the MTC.

I still can't believe that Michael is driving. He isn't old enough for that! I also can't believe how much snow you guys have gotten this year. So much for global warming! I just wish I could have a little bit of that cool weather.

I'm glad that you enjoyed watching the movie of Elder Neff and I. It was weird but fun to make.

The scripture of the week is 2 Nephi 2:27-29. I like it!

Say hello to everyone for me!