Monday, April 27, 2009

I think I take it far too seriously.

We had a good week. I taught district meeting on Tuesday and did a trade off on the French side that night. It was all in French for about 26 hours which left me with quite a headache when it was all said and done. Elder Vogel has been doing great since I went over to help him.

Being district leader is going fine. Teaching district meeting is a joy, not. I think I take it far too seriously. I try to make sure that the elders actually learn something!

I spoke in church yesterday. I compared the efforts of Stephen and Abinadi. They both had only one convert who ended up changing the lives of many people. Great examples for all of us.

This morning I sent our senior couple, the Oliver's, off to Guadeloupe for zone conference and we will be joining them on Wednesday. Until then, I have the truck that they normally drive because I'm in charge. That's always fun. I can't wait to go to Guadeloupe, I just need to get off this island!

My old companion, Elder Marshall, asked President Robison if I could come to his zone in Georgetown, Guyana when I leave here. He was my companion for one transfer right after New Years. (When we went to Anguilla together was the last time I was off St. Maarten). He was my favorite companion. Gotta wait and see what happens. It would definitely be better than going to the office!

I got the birthday package you sent. Thanks! I couldn't wait so I opened it! Elder Vogel, who's from France, loves the pictures from Paris. (We sent him a small digital photo frame with a memory card loaded with family pictures for his birthday).

The scripture of the week is 2 Samuel 22:33.