Monday, December 29, 2008

Everything is going great.

On Christmas morning we were able to talk with Jonathan for almost an hour. It was so great to hear his voice. He was in good spirits and is enjoying serving on Sint Maarten. He told us that his favorite "local" food is curry, especially eggplant! When we told him about how cold it is here and how much snow we have received, he said he would like to feel some cold! We had a heater to warm us and he had a fan blowing to cool him!

Everything is going great. Believe it or not, I did actually take some pictures on Christmas Day!




I haven't recieved the other package yet. I am sure that it will be here this week. Probably tomorrow morning so I can't go get it!!! I will just try and be patient. I bet that it is on the island. The post office only delivers mail about once every 10 days though so I'm not too worried about it...yet.

I am in Mosiah 10 in my Book of Mormon study, Matthew 6 in my New Testament study, and I'm almost done reading Our Heritage.

The scripture of the week is Omni 1:26.

This was my letter and report to President last week. I thought that it would interest you:

French South Zone
St. Maarten District

Key Indicators

0 Number of Days with 10 Contacts per day
? Magic Number in Zone for December
2 New Investigators
8 Lessons With A Member Present
1 Investigators Who Attended Church
0 Investigators With A Baptism Date
0 Baptisms
0 Confirmations

This was a very frustrating week. Elder Nielsen and I worked hard to find people to teach but no one is home because they spend all day shopping in town. We had a couple of investigators that were supposed to get baptized this week but one feels he isn't ready and the other is still up in the air. We will do everything that we can to help the mission get it's 90 this week.

I was thinking (because Elder Nielsen talks about home a lot) that during the dinner that you hold for the departing Elders, you should make the Elders promise you that they wont marry someone that wears more than one pair of earrings because it's a forecast for trouble. The reason I say that is because this girl named DeAnna that he always talks about wears two sets of earrings. Let me know how he reacts if you decide to do it!

Well, my parents are back from the trip to Egypt and my sister is slowly recovering from that bad car accident she got in 2 weeks ago. They all sound like they are happy and that things are going well.

I am excited to find out who my new companion is. I hope that you don't send me anyone that is at the end of their mission. I think they spend all of their time thinking about home. That kind of fries my nerves after a couple hours!

This was his response this week:

Don't worry, you will not have a companion that fries you. You get Elder Marshall who is serving in Tobago and should be a zone leader, but I need him to help you rescue St. Maarten.....we need baptisms from great elders. I know you are up to the task.

Love, President Robison

I will try and send you a fax this week because we don't have much time left and I have a lot to tell you about.