Monday, December 1, 2008

A nasty looking lump on my plate

Yesterday we had lunch in Marigot at the French Branch President's house. The main course was a blend of shark, anchovies, and shrimp in a nasty looking lump on my plate. The side dish was a soup that had pig head and cow intestines in it. I am amazed that I didn't throw up!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time and I am to 1 Nephi 20 again. I am well on my way to my goal of reading it 8 times while I am on my mission.

Because the computer I am on today is being dumb, I don't have time to send any pictures. I also have a movie that I was going to send you. Hopefully I get a better computer next week!

You wanted to know the story about the bull from Guyana. Well, Elder Hamilton and I were walking back to the apartment really late one night and we were kind of bored so we decided to see if we could scare this donkey that was on the side of the road. Elder Hamilton jumped at it and it only moved 3 steps! I said that that was pretty boring and then I saw a cow sitting by a fence about 20 yards away. I suggested that we see if we could get it to move more than the donkey. We ran at it and when we were about 8 feet from it, it stood up and came at us!! It was a bull, not a cow!! Luckily neither of us got hurt, but it chased us for about 500 feet. I was going to be fine even if it caught up with us because I was faster than Elder Hamilton. I had never seen him move that fast before!

The scripture of the week is D&C 6:13.

I thought that you would like to see what a weekly report form looks like so here you go. Check out the President's message.

Dear Elders,

The West Indies just baptized more souls this past month than any month in history - 237. So far this year, 1817 of Heavenly Father's children have entered the waters of baptism. This means that when 191 more converts are baptized and confirmed, the mission will finish the year at 2008. Are you excited about this possibility? What a wonderful work this is and how the Lord blesses this work.

Weekly Report - December 1, 2008

Name of Missionary

Name of Companion

Proselyting Area

Reporting Period - November 24-30, 2008

Zone
District

Key Indicators

_____ Number of Days with 10 Contacts per day
_____ Magic Number in Zone for November
_____ New Investigators
_____ Lessons With A Member Present
_____ Investigators Who Attended Church
_____ Investigators With A Baptism Date
_____ Baptisms
_____ Confirmations

Describe your efforts in helping your investigators prepare to receive the ordinances of baptism and confirmation. Please indicate what you are doing to adjust the funnel to improve your results. (Remember you must be finding, teaching, baptizing and retaining all of the time).

Please describe how you have worked with recent converts and less-active members in order to increase retention, particularly in focusing in the Progress Report upon the needs of your recent converts. Did each receive all of the new member lessons?

Also please indicate how your study of Preach My Gospel and of the Atonement is helping you, and add any personal concerns.

To respond to these matters, you could organize your thoughts by giving me 4 short paragraphs: family, area, companion, and testimony.