Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hello from... not Cairo!

We are in Egypt and didn"t know if we would be able to update Jonathan's blog. Luckily we have had excellent e-mail service so far. We attached our picture in front of the pyramids to our e-mail to Jonathan. His response was: I can't imagine you in Egypt in any other clothes than that!!! That's exactly what I figured you would wear. (Especially Dad)!

The following is from Jonathan's weekly e-mail from Monday, December 8th. Unfortunately, we are not able to complete the link to the scripture of the week until we get home.

Hello from... not Cairo!

I received a slip telling me to come to the post office today to pick up a package. I wasn't carrying my I.D. so they didn't give it to me.

I will be finishing up putting pictures on the first flash drive so I can send it home next week. These computers suck down here!!!

I guess our family is going to be even more spread out on Wednesday because that's the day we fly to Guadeloupe for zone conference.

In the phone call after the hurricane, I meant that Elder Nielsen would be leaving at the transfer in January. So he and I are still together and I will get a new companion on the 7th of January. Elder Nielsen is getting released early, on the 4th, to be with his family. I get to spend a couple of days on the French side of the island waiting for my new companion. That will be an adventure.

I am currently in 2 Nephi 17 in my personal reading.

The scripture of the week is D&C 61:36-39.