Monday, October 27, 2008

We were at the beach at 5:45 AM

We had a baptism on Saturday morning. We were at the beach at 5:45 AM so that the baptism itself could be done at sunrise. We have some pretty cool pictures of it. I will send some next week.

Sint Maarten is great. The people here are just like people in the US. That means that they aren't very humble and baptisms won't happen as often as they did in Guyana. It's okay though.

We eat a lot of American food but there are people from so many different countries that I have eaten all sorts of crazy stuff. I won't even go into detail because I don't want you to get sick! We had lunch in the town of Marigot on the French side yesterday. From the beach front house we were at, we could see the island of Anguilla. From my half of the island, we can see St. Barts, Saba and St. Eustatius. It's so cool to be on an island!

We go to Guadeloupe in the morning for Zone Conference. I am excited about that. It will be the 17th country that I will have gone to! (I counted it up the other day)

On Halloween our mission president is coming to the island and he has scheduled interviews with the 4 missionaries.

Before I forget, I am in 2 Nephi 27 in my personal Book of Mormon reading.

The scripture of the week is D&C 50:40-42.

I am still taking my vitamins and antihistamine everyday. I have regained my weight and I am up to a healthy 152 lbs!