Monday, October 13, 2008

It is going to be an adventure to say the least!

I think I was the most surprised to get the call from President Robison last week. I will still be relying on English as my main language but I will have to learn some French so I can contact everyone. I've also been told to learn how to greet in Spanish, Dutch, Chinese and Creole. It is going to be an adventure to say the least!
I will be on the "Dutch side" of the island in a place called Philipsburg. I can't wait to go! I will be going to French zone conferences on Guadeloupe every 6 weeks. How cool is that?!? I don't know how all this came about but it's pretty stinking cool!

Dad was right about me teaching a lot of lessons. I don't know an exact number from this transfer but it's a lot. I haven't finished adding them all up yet. I did teach 113 lessons with members present this transfer. That's 2nd most in the entire mission! I have helped in the baptisms of 13 people in Guyana in just 4 months.

Well, I gotta run. I will send you my address in Sint Maarten when
I find out what it is. I have taken a lot of pictures since I got my transfer call because I realized I probably won't be back in Guyana for at least a year. How sad. It has become my home. It's bittersweet.

The scripture of the week is D&C 10:5.

(Please check back on Wednesday. We will add a post with information on Saint Martin/Sint Maarten.)