Monday, September 1, 2008

The 999th person baptized in the Canje District!

Today we received several pictures from Jonathan. He said, "Sorry I haven't sent pictures the last couple weeks. There have been some computer problems... So here are the last 3 weeks worth."

This is a picture of Jonathan studying and playing around with the settings on his camera.

Jonathan and Elder Williams (Assistant to the President) a couple of weeks ago during their trip to Georgetown.

Jonathan with Elder Williams (who was Elder Hamilton's trainer) and
Elder Hamilton (who has been Jonathan's trainer).

Jonathan's first attempt at making pizza since being in Guyana.
I guess working at Little Caesars paid off!

Jonathan has being trying to cook a few new things.
This is chili with homemade tortillas.

"I was the happiest person in the world yesterday when I made vanilla pudding!!!"

"This is me with Jacko the monkey. He is a crazy little animal. I finally understand why parents call their children monkeys."

"This is a picture of our baptism this week. His name is Manmohan Praymey. (Praymey for short. Pronounced pray-me) He was the 999th person baptized in the Canje District."

"Today, it is hot, humid and there isn't a cloud in the sky. Perfect weather to go surfing...but I can' do that! :)

Well, my companion and I set a record last week (for our area). We taught 43 lessons! Our transfer total was 205! That is also a record for our area.

I get a new comp this week. I can't wait because I get to retrain him to be a Guyana Elder. He has been in Trinidad for his whole mission and it's totally different up there than it is here. I hope he can handle it! His name is Elder Averet. That's all I know about him at this point.
I'll let you know more next week.

I have one good story I forgot to tell you from last week. We had a wicked thunderstorm come in and our apartment got struck by lightning!!! Elder Hamilton screamed, our light bulb blew up and my fan started on fire!!! It was so cool."

The scripture of the week is D&C 58:26-28.

We received 2 letters from Jonathan over the week end and will add another post dated before this one. So be sure to check back in a day or so.