Monday, September 29, 2008

I guess that will be my legacy!

This is the baptism picture for Gopi. His real name is Pertab Singh.
(Elder Averette, Gopi, and Jonathan)

This is the baptism picture for Vicky Balkarran. He is Ricky's little brother. We baptized Ricky last week!
(Elder Averette, Ricky, and Jonathan)

This is Jonathan with a few of the kids in his area.

How has my week been? I don't even know where to start. We had
two more baptisms. We will be having another one this weekend, the lady's name is Sarah. If we are lucky, we might even be able to have 3 others! We had 5 for the month of September. That's the most that this area has had since May.

I went on a trade-off with Elder Ritchey (one of my zone leaders)
in Rose Hall this week. He asked me to come up with a symbol to represent confirmation. There is a symbol for baptism that all of the missionaries know so he wanted one for confirmation too. I came up with a pretty cool symbol that will be used in this mission forever.
I guess that will be my legacy!

As far as transfers go, we move on Tuesday's and they tell us the Friday night before. So we only have a couple of days to get everything packed and to say our goodbyes. If some of the "real" letters are left behind, they will give them to the Assistants to the President to deliver. They always come to zone conference with a suitcase full of letters for people that have moved.

I will get to watch all of conference this weekend. I'm jealous that you got to meet Elder Hales and President Eyring! Poor Julie having to speak in front of him (Pres. Eyring) at her farewell!!!

The scripture of the week isMosiah 4:9-10.