Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Things are looking great right now!

Things are going just fine here in Lucia. I was sick over the weekend but I am over it now. Lets just say that I became really familiar with toilets that normally I would never want to sit on. Thanks to the Fauxes bringing me some Pepto while we were teaching I was able to stick it out through the day.

Elder Barker is doing fine. So far it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. The only thing that has kind of bugged me is when he starts correcting people on their attire. I don't really feel that it is our place to tell everyone on the streets how they should dress. Besides, it is their culture and they aren't going to change just because one white guy from another country tells them to. If they are taught the doctrine behind why they need to dress more modestly, then they are more likely to change. That I have no problem doing.

Baby is coming along really well. She has a baptism date set for the 21st. She brought 2 of her kids, Christine 13 and George 11, which was pretty sweet. She also brought one of her sisters, named Jowaka, she is 16. They all have baptism dates for the 21st too! So things are looking great right now!

Samuel is doing okay. We have actually turned him over to the other Elders because the area boundaries have been changed. He was at church on Sunday with his sister, Leah, and they seem to be doing well. Last I heard they both have baptism dates set for the 20th.

Zone conference this transfer is on the 29th. That happens to be perfect because my temple recommend expires on the 31st and I have to get a new one. ZC will be in Castries again. We tried to convince them to do it in St. Maarten but we didn't succeed. Oh well.

I am super excited that the Aggie's are doing so well! Cheer loud in Reno!

The scripture of the week is 3 Nephi 11:32-39.