Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ten less-active members at church!

Yesterday was zone conference so that's why I didn't email until today.

Baby and her family didn't make it to church again this week. We haven't been able to get a hold of them so we hope that everything is still alright with them. We are going to see them in about 2 hours so we'll know more soon.

The greatest success that we saw this week was that Elder Barker and I had 10 less-active members come to church! It couldn't have happened on a better Sunday because our speakers were President and Sister Gamiette!

I know exactly how it feels to worry about not knowing enough to be a good missionary. That feeling only gets worse as the time to enter the MTC gets closer! Then after you have taught a few lessons you realize that you do know this stuff. Then you just let it flow. That's what I did and I am well known in the West Indies for being a missionary that knows and uses the scriptures. Who would have thought that about me at the start? Not me!

Read this talk. It helps when you're worried about not knowing enough.

The food here in Lucia is pretty much like Tobago. In Castries you can get about anything that you want but down here in the ghetto called Vieux Fort we have a very limited selection. The worst things that I have eaten here are definitely kidneys (real kidneys not the beans) and flying fish. The fish wasn't actually that bad which is saying something coming from me! The kidneys were absolutely terrible though. I literally had to gag them down. For the most part we have to make our own food. Our branch president's wife used to cook for us every Sunday but she left the island this week to go home to England and she won't be back until August so that tradition is over.

You always wanted to know what missionaries do while they wait for their laundry to finish... (The song is from Disney's A Goofy Movie)


My companion, Elder Barker, is in the back on the stool. Elder Lundberg is the fat guy in the white England jersey. The lead lip syncher is his companion Elder Harris.

My toes are doing fine. The one that was infected hurts a little bit right now but that's because it still doesn't have a nail and we played beach volleyball this morning for a couple of hours (obviously barefoot!)

The scripture of the week is Micah 4:1-2.