Monday, January 11, 2010

He was there yesterday and loved church!

Zone conference on St. Lucia was good. We were supposed to spend from Wednesday until Saturday there, but they managed to find us flights back on Friday afternoon. It was an adventure going and coming back though. We flew from St Maarten to Nevis to Antigua to Barbados to St. Lucia on the way there. On the way back it was St. Lucia to Antigua to Nevis to St. Kitts to St. Maarten! It was a couple of long days to say the least!

The best part of this zone conference was meeting Elder Prince. He played hockey for Murray high school and then last year he played for Weber State. It was fun talking to him about hockey and the people that we both know.

Unfortunately the baptism scheduled for Saturday had to be pushed back at least a week. Wayne was unable to make it to church because of work. Oh well. We'll keep trying and it will work out the way that it is supposed to. We are going to try and get Kevon baptized next week because he was there yesterday and loved church!

This morning we left the apartment at 6 AM to go to the French side for a hike to Picture Paradise. This is the view from the top:


This is on the hike back down. It took us 3 hours to hike the whole thing so my legs are a bit sore.


The toe is doing alright. The hard covering that it developed has started to come off little by little. It was sore when I first came back because of all the walking but it is doing much better now. I still have probably between 2/3 and 3/4 of the medicine left. Hopefully it will last as long as I need it to!

My shoulder has been hurting for the last couple of days and it hasn't been very fun. I don't know what happened to it but it aches dully whenever I bring my arm across my body quickly. So I just avoid doing that motion! Bryan can check me out when I get home if it still hurts. It doesn't effect the work so no worries.

We found and cooked a conch this week. I will try and send the video next week because it's on Elder Damm's camera and he didn't bring it today. We barbecued it and it wasn't too bad at first...

Transfer calls come this week so I'll know what's going on next Monday. You should tell everyone to just send stuff (letters) to the mission office in Trinidad now and that way they will always get to me.

I can't think of any other news. I'm glad you're doing the D&C count down with me. It should be a fun family activity!

The scripture of the week is Ephesians 6:13-19.