Monday, January 4, 2010

We set a baptism date with Wayne!

Elder Damm and I had a good week. We are leading our zone in almost every statistical category which doesn't matter but it feels nice all the same. We set a baptism date with Wayne, an old investigator of mine, for January 16th. I'll keep you updated on his progress.

Our other cool investigator is named Kevon. He has been to the church in St. Vincent a couple of times and was super excited when we gave him a Book of Mormon. He is one of the rare people that we find that asks, when we ask if they have any questions, when we are going to come back. I think that he will go a long way.

Sadly, the whole mission still isn't doing very well with baptisms. There were only 11 people baptized this past weekend total! That is really low.

I guess Elder Damm likes doing e-mails early so mornings will probably be a normal thing from now on. I am glad that you liked the pictures from last week. I got the picture of Mom and Dad on the Buzz Lightyear ride. I can't wait to go and do that again! It's good that Jonathan (Roylance) was able to pass the "Disneyland Challenge". I guess he can be part of the family after all. I still need to make sure that he can survive a good camping or backpacking trip though! That will just have to wait a few more months.

So Michael got asked if he was a pastor huh? Poor kid. Tell him to dress a little more shabby! I know how he feels though. I would bet that at least 4 times a week we get called "father" or pastor. The best is when we are in Philipsburg in the electronics stores and we have people ask us questions about what the store sells. It's usually tourist and we help them out! (Michael was singled out for a carry-on bag search at the Long Beach airport. The TSA agent asked what his scripture case was so he told him it was his scriptures. Then the agent opened the case and thumbed through his quad and asked if he was a pastor!)

We fly to zone conference in St. Lucia on Wednesday with the meeting being Thursday morning. Unfortunately there are some strange decisions being made in the office about travel arrangements so we won't be coming back to St. Maarten until Saturday afternoon! I guess they want us to all travel together. If they would split us into 2 groups, we could all be home by Friday night. Oh well.

That's about all. Sorry I forgot to bring my planner with the scripture of the week. I will try to remember next week.