Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wow... What a week!

For information on Tobago, please see the Trinidad and Tobago Information post dated May 24, 2009.

Sorry about yesterday, we didn't get to e-mail because it was Eid ul Fiṭr.
(A Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. Eid is an Arabic word meaning "festivity", and Fiṭr means "to break fast"; so the holiday symbolizes the breaking of the fasting period).

Here is a quick video tour of the apartment in Grenada:



Last view of Grenada:


Wow... What a week! When I wrote you last Monday I was still going to be in Grenada. Around 10:30 PM we got a call from the Palmer's in Trinidad and Elder Palmer said that I would be moving to Tobago. To be honest I wasn't very happy but it is actually a really cool place.

I don't like being the leader and worrying about what other missionaries are doing, but being a district leader here is a breeze! That's because there are no other missionaries here so I only have to worry about Elder Ackerman and myself.

My companion, Elder Ackerman, is only in his second transfer. He'll hit his 3 month mark sometime in the middle of October. That's weird considering the fact that I hit 16 months yesterday! Time just has a way of slipping away when you're having fun. Elder Ackerman is about 6 ft 5in and he is just like me. He loves all sports, movies, and music. He wants to try and make USU's basketball team when he gets home. We started an exercise program this morning that is supposed to increase our vertical jump so that will be exciting! I'm going to be a high flyer again!

I got to speak on Sunday which was fun. I spoke for about 25 minutes on the Holy Ghost. No one told me how long to talk, when to stop, or what time the meeting was supposed to let out. I guess I went about 5 minutes too long but I had fun with it.

I would give you our address but we don't really have one. All mail to Tobago (for us anyway) just goes to the mission office and then we pick it up when we fly over there for zone conference. Sometimes people come visit us so they bring mail with them as well.

You'll never believe who we ran into last night... Elder Marshall! He and his family are here for the week because he is going home. I was really glad to see him because I thought I wasn't going to before he left. We are planning on playing him and Elder Green (another guy going home) in basketball to have some fun. It was good getting to catch up with him again.

Pictures from today's adventure at Fort King George in Tobago!




The scripture of the week is Ether 12:32-34.