Monday, September 14, 2009

Assigned to open a new area!

Things are going great here in Grenada. I had a little accident yesterday. Rather than type it out I made a video of what happened. It hurt a little bit! Don't worry though, I'm okay! And it will heal soon enough.



St. Lucia was great. I got to hang out with Elder Williams and Elder Cromwell and a couple of other Elders that I haven't seen in a while. Elder Anderson of the 70 was there and he is a pretty cool guy. It was funny to see the sister missionaries there. I already knew Sister Camejo, she was in Trinidad for my last zone conference there! Here are a couple of pics from St. Lucia:



Anyway, the only funny story from zone conference was that President came to me to tell me about transfers and he said that I had done excellent work in Grenada but he was going to send me to St. Maarten! Apparently someone had told him that I had served there before but they failed to tell him how long I was there. I let him know that I would go if he wanted me to... We went into a classroom and he and I discussed it and then he said an amazing prayer to find out what we were supposed to do. We took about 30 minutes to think about it and then we came back together and he told me that he had decided to keep me in Grenada to do something really special. The island will be getting 2 new missionaries this week and Elder Montgomery and his companion will be working in the St. Georges area. My companion and I will be assigned to open a new area on the north side of the city!!! You might recognize my new companion, it will be Elder Barker. The hairy monster of a companion that I had at the MTC. I have a feeling that this could be a crazy transfer. I have to find a new apartment this week and everything. It's going to be fun.

Patrick is doing great. He was baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday. He had a huge smile on his face! Here are a couple of pictures:


The rasta is a man named Hyacinth that is in our branch. He is pretty sweet and doesn't pull his dreads out very often so this was a special occasion!



Marvin is also doing relatively well. He loves having us over and he is going to be in my new area. We showed up on Saturday right when his girlfriend was walking out on him. He was pretty upset about that. I'm not sure whether or not we should be glad about it. He can get baptized now but he wanted to get married... I'll keep you updated.

This picture is from our trip to an old airport this morning:


Sorry, I guess I didn't tell you which buildings were which last week.


The scripture of the week is 2 Nephi 25:26.