Monday, January 12, 2009

Don't forget us in your prayers!

Before Jonathan's e-mail for this week, we wanted to let you all know that we posted two new slideshows today; one of Guyana and one of Sint Maarten. We received a DVD of all the pictures Jonathan took in Guyana at Christmas and just this past week received a flash drive with the pictures he has taken so far on Sint Maarten. We hope you enjoy them, we sure have!

Don't worry about what happened on the French side. Elder Pahio and some little punk got into an argument and then the kid went into his apartment to get his gun. I don't think he would have really used it though. He just wanted to scare them away. The missionaries were transfered because President Robison wasn't sure that they would be able to work effectively without always looking over their shoulders. President Johnson, our area president, requested for me to find the guy and officially apologize for the Church. The request came through President Robison. I was unable to locate him. Supposedly the kid I was looking for jumped islands and is now on St. Thomas to avoid any legal problems. So it's all solved and life is back to normal.

Things are going really well with my new companion. We love to have fun and neither of us are too stiff. It's a relief because I haven't had a companion like that yet. (Don't worry, we are obedient!) It makes this worldly island much easier to live on! My new companion, Elder Marshall, and I have set a goal to try and break the record for baptisms in a transfer for this area. I think that we can do it but we'll need all the help that we can get. So don't forget us in your prayers this month!

I am in Alma 20 in my personal Book of Mormon reading and still in Matthew 12 in my New Testament reading. It has been a pretty busy week with trying to find the kid, get the new senior couples computer to work, getting 2 new French elders settled and a new companion for myself. It was a crazy week!

The scripture for the week is 2 Nephi 2:22-25.

I hear that the Aggies are kicking butt! I wish that I could go to a game and cheer them on! 15-1 now huh? That's pretty good. I hope they don't lose another game the whole season.

I hope that the funeral for Great-grandma Larson wasn't a huge bummer for everyone. I got an e-mail from Jay that sounded like he was sad about it but he was excited to get to go skiing with Dad! I would love to have a single snow flake down here!

P.S. My package got through customs on Tuesday last week. We are going to pick it up today!

P.P.S. Zone Conference will be on Monday, January 26th. It will interfere with me getting to e-mail you. I don't know what day I will get to write that week but it will probably be Wednesday. I'll try and find out and let you know next week.