Monday, November 24, 2008

We have one prospective baptism

We had a Thanksgiving dinner earlier today. We decided to do it today because one of the Elders on the French side is going home on Thursday night so he'll miss the fun on both ends. We decided to be different and so we went to a place called the Tequila Cantina for Tex-Mex. It was absolutely amazing!!!

The food down here is pretty much all American unless we are eating at a members house. We have people from all over the Caribbean so we get to eat all sorts of weird things. I won't even tell you some of them because I don't want to bring back the memories for me!

We have one prospective baptism but it probably won't happen for a while. His name is Kevin and he is sooo cool. We found him at like 8:30 last Saturday night and taught him about the law of chastity because he is living with someone. I am pleased to tell you that he has come to church both Sundays since then and he wants to get baptized. We just have to get him married or separated before that can happen.

I just wanted to let you all know some of the rumors that have been flying around since last zone conference. The first one is pretty cool. It's that I will be made the district leader in January when Elder Nielsen leaves. The other isn't as cool. It is that St. Maarten might be transferred to the Puerto Rico East Mission after that January transfer is over. (that puts it around February 15 or so) That would mean that I have a pretty high chance of being moved into that mission. That would be pretty messed up in my opinion. At this point it's all speculation and we don't know when it will happen. I'll keep you updated as information becomes available.

The scripture of the week is 1 Chronicles 16:8. I also like
Mosiah 2:19 "O how you ought to thank your heavenly King!"

I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!