Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It was such a sweet story!

I got a letter from ya'll today telling me that everyone is liking the blog because of all the information about investigators that I've been including lately. That is one of the benefits of the office. I'm sorry to say that the e-mails will be back to a worse state because I don't have that luxury anymore.

Basically what I'm saying is that I am not going to get fat here in Trinidad any more! I was part of a 3-way emergency transfer on Saturday morning, so now I am serving in Port of Spain. One of the elders in Guyana got plantar fasciitis and they didn't want him down there (too much walking), so they brought him to work in the office, sent one of the Port of Spain elders to Guyana, and they moved me here. It's been a weird week to say the least.

My companion is named Elder Williams. I actually met him when I first came to the mission. He was in the Canje zone with me but was clear out in Crabwood Creek which is right next to Suriname.

So I will have e-mails on Mondays again since I am back to a normal schedule. It's only on Tuesday this week because our zone conference was yesterday. Here are a few pictures from zone conference:

Elder Williams (new companion), Jonathan, and Sister Robison

Elder Williams and Jonathan

Trinidad North Zone

Elders Larson, Williams, Duncan, and Westover

It was President Robison's last and it was really good. Luckily I will get to hear him speak 2 more times before he goes home though because he is doing a couple of firesides for our ward.

You can use the same mailing address. The office elders are in our district so they will bring mail to us every Friday at district meetings.

Well, Jermaine is going to be baptized this Saturday. She is going to be interviewed tomorrow night. In this area we are going to have 2 baptisms this weekend. Their names are David and Famia. They are getting married in about an hour and a half so we're pretty excited. They have 3 kids and one of them is so smart! His name is Kyle and he's 6 years old. He told us the story of Ammon on Sunday when we went to visit them. This is pretty much what he said: (Remember that he is a Trinidadian and he is a little kid). "Ammon worked for a king and watched the sheep. Some bad guys came and said that they were going to take the sheep away. Ammon said that he can't let them do that. The bad men tried to take the sheep and Ammon took a rope, tied it like so (he imitated tieing a rope) like so-like this, put a rock in it and bust he head! (People don't use pronouns here, they say he and she for everything instead of also using him and her). The bad men kept trying to take the sheep so Ammon used he sword and chop off the bad men's arms. Then Ammon made the bad men cry and they ran away." It was such a sweet story! We are going to try and get it on camera tonight so we can send it to you.

Well, that's the news. The scripture of the week is Joseph Smith-Matthew 1:33-40. It's kind of long but I was reading it the other day and it just really stood out to me.