Saturday, August 9, 2008

More than 10% Done

Today we received an actual hand written letter from Jonathan! These are a few excerpts:

"If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm going to be away from home for a while! By the time you read this I'll be more than 10% done."

"I'm still with Elder Hamilton. The next transfer is September 3rd and then he should be on his way out of this country because he'll have been here for 11 months."

"The rainy season has ended meaning that it's time to harvest sugar cane. This place is covered with it because we live about a mile from a sugar cane processing plant. Did you know that they have to burn the cane to make it easier to cut, and they cut it all by hand? Since they burn it, the whole country smells like burnt sugar. Take a cup of sugar and put on the stove (without a pan). That's how it smells all of the time"

"In my first 6 1/2 weeks, I've taught 189 lessons. We had 34 this week alone. We're shooting for 200 this transfer. I'll let you know how it goes."

Closing Scripture: Moroni 8:3